External Examination, Validation, & Expert Evaluation
External Validation and Expert Review
- External Expert (Human Functioning) for the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia: FCT): 2009 – present.
- External Advisor for the validation of the joint ICEPE (Institute of Child Education and Psychology Europe) / University of East London (UEL) MA programme: MA Special and Additional Learning Needs.
- External Expert for Oscail in relation to the development of the programme documentation for their Psychology undergraduate programme.
- External Reviewer for the Advanced Diploma in Professional Development (Adv. Dip. PD) Inclusive Education, a collaborative programme between the Institute of Child Education and Psychology Europe (ICEPE) and The School of Education at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Mid Life Review Panel for the Open University programmes: DSE212 Exploring Psychology, DXR222 Exploring Psychology Residential School [Project], and DZX222 Exploring Psychology [Online Project] programmes.
- Validation Panel for the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC) in respect of BA (Hons) Arts degree programme (Level 8: National Framework of Qualifications) proposed by Independent Colleges.
- Evaluation Panel for the CertHE in Combined Social and Behavioural Sciences (a level 1 programme: equivalent to Year One of a Degree course) at the Portadown Campus of Southern Regional College, a Partner College of University of Ulster.
External Examiner: Programmes
- External Examiner for Coventry University’s B.A. (Hons) Childhood and Youth Studies (2015 – 2019).
- External Examiner for Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) Recognised Undergraduate Degree in Psychology: National College of Ireland (2015 – 2018).
- External Examiner for Postgraduate Certificate Special Education and Additional Needs / Postgraduate Diploma Special Education and Additional Needs / Masters in Arts Special Education and Additional Needs (including online): Institute of Child Education and Psychology Europe (ICEPE) and the University of East London (2014 – 2017).
- External Examiner for Masters in Coaching Practice: University College Cork (2013 – 2016).
- External Examiner for Masters in Applied Psychology (Coaching): University College Cork (2013 – 2016).
- External Examiner for Masters in Applied Psychology (Guidance Counselling): University College Cork (2012 – 2015) (2015 – 2018).
- External Examiner for HETAC Level 6 programmes: International School of Business (2010 – 2012).
External Examiner: Research Degree
- Niels Jacob, Ph.D., Open University of the Netherlands (2015)
- Online Pestkoppenstoppen: Development and evaluation of an online computer-tailored intervention for low-educated cyberbullying victims.
- Theresa Cleary, Ph.D., Univerity of Ulster (2013)
- Music performance anxiety in children within the context of practical music exams.
- Justin Rami, Ph.D., Dublin City University (2012)
- The influence of Europe’s education policies on the development of learning & assessment in the context of a higher education Institution in Ireland.
- Margaret Denny, Ph.D., University College Cork (2008)
- Exploring how teaching for multiple intelligence using a multiple intelligence teaching approach affected student achievement in an undergraduate nursing education programme in Ireland.
Internal Examiner: Research Degree
- Jonanta Burke, PhD, Trinity College Dublin (2015)
- Measuring well-being of adolescents displaying cyber aggression.
- Silvia Gallagher, PhD, Trinity College Dublin (2015)
- A cross-cultural investigation of online community newcomer behaviour.
- Paul Condell, D.Ed., Trinity College Dublin (2015)
- Special education needs in further education.
- Michele Joann Dunleavy-Lavin, D.Ed., Trinity College Dublin (2013)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Irish schools
- Patricia Mc Carthy, PhD, Trinity College Dublin (2013)
- Expectations you encounter: The educational experiences and transition choices / opportunities of blind / vision impaired people in the Republic of Ireland.
- Genevieve Murray, PhD, Trinity College Dublin (2013)
- Teacher-on-teacher workplace bullying in the post-primary sector of the Irish education system.